Thursday, February 02, 2012

Building my Pro Makeup Kit and my Collective Haul of Makeup!


Hello everyone!


Since I finished my Pro Makeup Artistry course, I have been busy building my pro makeup kit. It has been a stressful yet exciting experience for me!






First, I got my portable makeup station and aluminum makeup chair, thanks to my new friend, co-makeup artist, Pauline Ylaya, for helping me get both items!=) Below is a photo of the portable makeup station and chair. 




My daughter was thrilled when she saw it and she wouldn't get out of the chair!=)

I was contemplating whether to buy my stuff here in Manila or buy it from the U.S. (which would save me lots!), so I decided to just purchase my stuff online. However, I couldn't wait to have something in my kit so I went to Suesh and bought some essentials. While at Suesh, I saw some Graftobian makeup and I ended up spending much more than I intended to spend that day. 

Bad decision though, since I got most of my stuff I have now directly from the Graftobian online store and the price is of course much cheaper than the price I got it for at Suesh.

 Anyway, so I bought my stuff from three different online stores, namely, Sephora.com, Graftobian.com and SigmaBeauty.com. Shipping it to Manila was a problem, I did not want to spend so much on shipping since I knew I will be spending a lot buying everything for my kit. Good thing my cousin told me that our Aunt will be coming home to Manila, so I immediately called my Aunt and asked her if she could bring my stuff home to Manila for me. Thank God she still had enough space in her suitcase!  So problem solved! Or so I thought...

I started purchasing my list online. Remember I mentioned I purchased my stuff from three different online stores? Well, I thought my problem was solved but then I did not confirm what date my Aunt was supposed to leave. They booked her flight the day after I made my purchases online and she was leaving in 4 days which meant my packages won't reach her on time since I did not get expedited shipping (too expensive!). So, I had to call all three online stores and asked if I could still change my shipping method. First, I called Graftobian, and I saw a number online and called that number, the man who answered my call was the President of Graftobian, Mr. Eric G. Coffman! I told him my situation and he was really nice and I ended up getting $50 worth of freebies! He told me to just place the same order so I could change the shipping method and put a note upon checkout to include an HD Makeup 101 DVD and a pallette of the HD Creme Blush at no cost as per Eric! Cool right!=)


These are the freebies I got from Graftobian. Thank you Mr. Eric Coffman!=)

I was really worried about my brushes from Sigma not arriving on time. I couldn't find a number to call  in their website, but good thing I checked my paypal account (which was what I used to pay for my brushes) and I saw their number in the details provided. So I called the number and the lady from their customer service was very helpful and made a note that it had to be received by the date my Aunt was leaving although she told me that there was no guarantee that it will get there on time. So I had to cross my fingers on that one. My biggest purchase was from Sephora, where I got my Make Up For Ever stuff and some other brands, they couldn't cancel my order, I was too late. My cousin offered to just buy it from the store for me instead, so all I needed was to cancel my order but it was already in transit. I did not give up and my persuasiveness paid off. Finally, the lady from Sephora's customer service gave in and she was able to redirect my order back to Sephora. So now, I'm just waiting for my refund from Sephora. 

Anyway, I am so glad that, today, my Aunt arrived from San Francisco and I finally got my collective haul of makeup for my kit!!!=))

My collective haul! Finally, I have stuff to fill my train case with!=)

 
    








My MUFE haul...=)
Still need to add some stuff but it can wait.

  Graftobian stuff!!! 

These jars of loose powder are huge!!! 












Also, I had my business cards printed already! I maximized it! It's back to back, I also sell pre-owned bags and we have bridal car and van rental too!=)


My business cards




So that's all for now! Hopefully I get bookings for this coming months...I will try to update my blog for more stuff I will be adding to my kit. 




You can also check out my Multiply site, it's still a work in progress but do check from time to time for more of my work ...

http://makeupbycam.multiply.com/






Like my page on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Makeup-by-CAM/184323371669621?ref=ts









3 comments:

  1. So proud of you, CAM! Excited to check out all your cool new stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. May I know where you bought your makeup chair and portable makeup station?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! This is really good for you. I remember my sister who is dreaming of becoming one of the best makeup artist in Manila. She want to be like Rea Pinpin.

    ReplyDelete