Monday, July 09, 2012

REAL TECHNIQUES BY SAMANTHA CHAPMAN BRUSHES

My new  Real Techniques brushes by UK based Makeup Artist, Samantha Chapman.

                             


Even as a makeup artist myself, I still watch a lot of makeup tutorials and one of my favorite tutorials to watch are those by Sam Chapman. I sometimes see Sam, her sister Nicki and Tanya Burr do their tutorials using Real Techniques brushes so I got curious and got some for myself. 

I searched online and my search led me to iherb.com and I got a $5 off plus free shipping (to the US address that I use). I thought that was a good deal, and the brushes are not pricey as compared to other good quality brushes. 

I got 2 sets of brushes:

Core Collection: Comes with 4 full-size brushes + Case 
$17.99

Detailer Brush:
Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition

Pointed Foundation Brush:
Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage

Buffing Brush:
Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation

Contour Brush:
Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish

Panoramic Case:
Dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organized on your counter or on the go


Real Techniques Core Collection


Eyes/Enhanced Starter Set: Comes with 5 brushes + Case
$17.99

Base Shadow Brush:
Applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color

Deluxe Crease Brush:
Soft, oversized design for effortless contouring

Accent Brush:
Designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush:
Tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application

Brow Brush:
Distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows

Panoramic Case:
Dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organized on your counter or on the go


Real Techniques Eyes Enhanced Starter Set

These brushes are made of ultra plush synthetic taklon bristles which makes it cruelty-free. I've used some of the brushes on myself, and since I personally don't put on too much makeup on a daily basis, I haven't tried all the brushes that came with the set. 

For my foundation, I have been using Sigma's flat kabuki brush or the F80, and I love it! (to purchase, click on my link on the right side of my blog, get 10% off) It feels soft on my skin and does the job pretty well. If I compare it with the RT Buffing brush (which states that its best for powder and mineral), I feel that if the bristles were a bit shorter, then it would've worked better for me, but also, I have to mention that I did use it for liquid foundation. It still did the job, however, I just feel that I would have more control if the bristles were a bit shorter as I've mentioned above.

One of the brushes from the Eyes Enhanced Starter Set is the deluxe crease brush which may be used in different ways, I haven't tried using it for my crease but I did use it to blend my concealer underneath my eyes and on other parts of my face where I needed to put on some concealer and it was great to use for that purpose. It can also be used to contour the nose, which in my opinion makes it a very versatile brush.

I'd say that for the price and quality of these Real Techniques brushes, you get good value for your money. I personally had a good deal since I purchased it from iherb.com and as mentioned above I got a $5 off and free shipping. If you are considering to get yourself some Real Techniques brushes, iherb.com gave me a discount code to share with first time iherb.com customers, you can use discount code QER242 at checkout and you get your $5 discount. 

That's it for now, thank you so much for taking time to read my blog! 

I am now on twitter, please follow me @makeupbycam...
Also, give me some love and like my page on Facebook!;) https://www.facebook.com/makeupbycam
You can also find me on Instagram, I go by username, makeupbycam.=)

Til next time! Bye!;)

1 comment: